Leangdai commune in the Angkor Thom district, Siem Reap province, Cambodia.
There is a lack of preschools in Cambodia, especially in rural areas. Less than 20% of children between ages 3 to 5 have access to early education.
Added to this, there is no quality framework established and limited training for community preschools teachers and “core mothers” for the Home-Based Care program.
Learning and teaching materials are limited and developing community preschool facilities have not been a priority in receiving such items.
The project goal is to improve the quality of teaching early childhood education in communities of the Lengdai commune.
It will focus on capacity building of 13 preschool teachers to ensure that they could provide a good quality teaching to their students.
The project has three main objectives which align with the activities that will benefit the project’s main goal:
- Improve the capacity building of preschool teachers in both English and Khmer language.
- Increase professional development of novice teachers
- Increase collaboration/educational professionalism amongst teachers
- The trainers will work with 11 preschools of the Leangdai community (1 teacher from each school) and with 2 technical staffs who are in charge of the Preschool program from the district education. Those 2 technical staffs will be the core technical advisor to support the other preschools after the project phase out.
- Those 11 schools attend 208 children from the community.
Start date: January 2019
End date: December 2019
Complying with the agreement brokered by Bastion between the donor and CCDO, the organization delivers quarterly reports and a final report at the end of the project.
You can find all the reports delivered here.