How we choose an organization
Before we contact the organization and analyze in depth their finances and procedures, organizations must comply with the following criteria:
- Have 501(c)(3) status as a not-for-profit organization in the United States. Our donors are mainly based in the US and this requirement is necessary for legal and tax purposes. It also contributes to the administrative transparency we demand.
- Not involved in lobbying, political activities, or religious proselytism.
- Use the grants in their own projects, not to fund other organizations.
- Be present and operating in the country where the project is carried out.
- Answer problems in the donor’s areas of concerns. Those areas are Children Health, Education, Infrastructure and Women Empowerment.
- Work in the regions of South America, Asia, and Africa.
- Be consistent with the mission they state on their website.
- Show transparency in their management and have the finances readily available.
How we choose a project
- Once the organization has met the required criteria, we proceed to contact the organization and conduct interviews with officials. In those interviews, we get the inside story, motivation, and passion of the people. We also determine if the organization is willing to:
- Tie the grant to a specific project with a defined outcome.
- Allow close monitoring and commit to accurate and timely reporting.
- And we gather all the information we can about it:
- Tax filings
- Financial statements
- Financial Audits
- Public reviews
- We analyze all this information and come up with financial metrics that help us identify possible concerns:
- Liabilities to assets
- Working capital ratio
- Administrative Expenses
- Fundraising Expenses
- Fundraising efficiency
- Operating reserve ratio
- Once we are satisfied with their financial management and the commitment to their mission, we select together the right project for us and we agree on a disbursement and reporting schedule.
Join Us Now...
If you want to help others too, we can offer our grant management services with no cost to you or the beneficiary organization. Let us help you help others.