Caracas Mi Convive launched the “Alimenta la Solidaridad” program (Feed the Solidarity) to work in close collaboration with the community of Libertador Municipality to feed the children who were suffering the impact of the economic and social crisis in Venezuela.
Click here to visit their website
To expand the impact of the "Alimenta la Solidaridad" program by involving the community and local organizations in creating a sustainable operational structure.
The funding of this project include:
- Opening a new food hall
- Establishing a logistic center to streamline the reception and distribution of food
- Improve infrastructure in existing food halls
- Control and treat children in risk of malnutrition
- Every food hall provides an average of 100 lunches to kids in the community.
- The food is prepared by parents who have previously received adequate training.
- The kids' health is regularly controlled and treated by community volunteers who have previously been adequately trained.
- The logistic center is managed and operated by people of the community.
Between $10,000 to $50,000
Fiscal Sponsor: Center for Democracy and Development in the Americas
Start: May 2018
End: April 2019