Meals4Hope has established a Nutritional Recuperation Center in the community of Brisas del Sur in San Félix, Bolivar State, Venezuela to treat kids, between 0 and 12 years old who are malnourished or face severe malnutrition.
The objectives of the program are:
- Reduce children mortality by malnourishment through early detection and treatment of kids in risk of malnutrition or already malnourished.
- Provide individual nutritional, medical and therapeutic support to children in need.
- Promote breastfeeding and improve babies’ nutrition by providing mothers with nutritional supplements.
- Prevent malnutrition by promoting good nutrition habits and training.
- Encourage women active participation in these activities to strengthen the community’s capacity to meet its own needs and care for children at risk.
- 50-60 kids between 0 and 3 years old
- 90-100 kids between 4 and 12 years old
- 30-50 lactating mothers
- 200 attendees to nutrition workshops
- 25 women trained in nutrition and health practices.
Between $10,000 to $50,000
Fiscal Sponsor: American Venezuelan Engagement Foundation
Start: June 2018
End: May 2019