Meals4Hope has established a Nutritional Recuperation Center in the community of Brisas del Sur in San Félix, Bolivar State, Venezuela to treat kids, between 0 and 12 years old who are malnourished or face severe malnutrition.
The objectives of the program are:
- Reduce child mortality from malnourishment through early detection and treatment of kids in risk of malnutrition or already malnourished.
- Provide individual nutritional, medical and therapeutic support to children in need.
- Promote breastfeeding and improve babies’ nutrition by providing mothers with nutritional supplements.
- Prevent malnutrition by promoting good nutrition habits and training.
- Encourage the active participation of women in these activities to strengthen the community’s capacity to meet its own needs and care for children at risk.
- 50-60 kids between 0 and 3 years old
- 90-100 kids between 4 and 12 years old
- 30-50 lactating mothers
- 200 attendees to nutrition workshops
- 25 women trained in nutrition and health practices
This project has been renewed three times.
In 2020 the project has been adapted to follow the sanitary protocols imposed by COVID-19
Between $10,000 to $50,000
Fiscal Sponsor: American Venezuelan Engagement Foundation
First agreement: June 2018 to May 2019
1st Renewal until December 2019
2nd Renewal until August 2020
Complying with the agreement brokered by Bastion between the donors and Meals4Hope, the organization sends quarterly reports and a final report at the end of the year.
At the same time, Bastion commissions independent reports as part of the services it provides to its donors.
You can find all the reports here (in Spanish).