Meals4hope promotes and supports projects that help communities feed children in some of the poorest areas in Venezuela.
They also aim to strengthen community organizations and women empowerment in meaningful ways, so the resilience of families and communities is enhanced, and people can work together to address their own needs.
Click here to visit their website
Community of Villa Esperanza, city of Barcelona, Anzoátegui State, Venezuela
Meals4Hope has established a Nutritional Recuperation Center in the community of Villa Esperanza, to treat kids, between 0 and 12 years old, pregnant women, and lactating mothers who are malnourished or face severe malnutrition.
The program aims to improve the nutritional intake of this vulnerable population by encouraging community participation and coordinating with local hospitals.
The objectives of the program are:
- Reduce child mortality by malnourishment through early detection and treatment of kids in risk of malnutrition or already malnourished.
- Provide individual nutritional, medical and therapeutic support to children in need.
- Promote breastfeeding and improve babies’ nutrition by providing mothers with nutritional supplements.
- Prevent malnutrition by promoting good nutrition habits and training.
- Encourage active community participation in these activities, to strengthen the community’s capacity to meet its own needs and care for children at risk.
- Offer primary health services in coordination with local health centers.
- 120 kids between 0 and 12 years old
- 40 pregnant women and lactating mothers
- 200 attendees to workshops in nutrition, health and hygiene
Fiscal Sponsor: American Venezuelan Engagement Foundation
1st Agreement: August 2019 - February 2020
2nd Agreement: February 2020 - September 2020
3rd Agreement: March 2021 - March 2022
4th Agreement: April 2022 - March 2023
Complying with the agreement brokered by Bastion between the donors and Meals4Hope, the organization sends quarterly reports and a final report at the end of the year.
At the same time, Bastion commissions independent reports as part of the services it provides to its donors.
You can find all the reports here (in Spanish).